Lake House Rentals in South Dakota
Imagine waking up early in the morning, slipping out of your bed and into the cool dawn of an early summer morning. You're sitting out on your deck with your hands wrapped around a fragrant mug of coffee and the only sounds you hear are the gentle lapping of small waves as they tease the shoreline and the birds and animals as they wake up and begin their day.
Or imagine that you are on that same deck with a glass of wine and the one you love as you watch the ever changing palette of brilliant oranges, pinks, yellows, and purples of our famed South Dakota sunsets reflecting off the glassy surface of a lake.
Both of these scenarios can be possible when you own or rent your own lakefront home.
South Dakota has many lakes that offer plenty of recreational opportunities. Popular lakes such as Lake Thompson, Waubay Lake, Lake Francis Case, or Lake Oahe draw visitors from all over the world.
There are several advantages to both owning and renting a lake home.
• Owning a lake home gives you the opportunity to earn extra income by renting out your lake home to others when you are not using it yourself.
• The owner of a lake home has a place waiting for them if they want to take that weekend getaway. There is no need to book reservations for a hotel or a campsite when you own your own lake front home. It's ready and waiting for you.
• Lake homes offer easy access to the water and the outdoors. With your own private dock, boating, fishing, and swimming are easier.
• A lake home offers a warm place to stay during both hunting and ice fishing seasons. Hunters come from all over the world to participate in South Dakota's pheasant hunting season. Ice fishing is also popular during the winter months. After a long day trekking through the fields or bundled up on the ice in bone chilling cold, it's nice to come back to a warm place with amenities.
• Renting a lake home is perfect for those people who don't like to camp. Renters of lake homes receive the benefits of being close to the outdoors without the hassle of pitching a tent, sleeping on the ground, or dealing with inclement weather while still having the opportunity to sit around a campfire.
• South Dakota's lakes offer a quiet getaway from the busier tourist spots. Every summer, tourists from all over the world make the pilgrimage along Interstate 90 towards the Black Hills and its monuments. If quieter vacations are more your style, renting a lake home on one of South Dakota's Great Lakes or Glacial Lakes offers a quiet retreat away from the crowded and busier South Dakota attractions.
Whether it's for your next vacation, weekend getaway, hunting, or fishing trip, consider renting a lake home in South Dakota.